Hello friends. I am enjoying a much needed Fall break. Now in a state of reflection, and a bit early for Mercury Retrograde, but re-evaluation. I stumbled upon this series of videos by this film company, Anthony Chen productions, and at first watching some amazing NDE stories. The first one I saw was with Jeff Olsen, and it was truly inspirational. One lead to another which put all Chen’s videos in my feed. I have felt an uneasiness of late and consider it could be hormonal? However, I am intuitive and I do not like to dismiss my feelings and instincts. So I reflect, I try and reflect without self-judgment but also with self-responsibility and ownership. I do believe my world, my life, and my feelings, are all what I make them. Therefore if I feel uneasy, why?
In my reflection I think, “So, what now? What is the next step toward happiness, life purpose, and expansion?” I feel like I have slipped into the mundane while dealing with realistic, everyday existence. Not okay, and not enough. I wish to be able to function optimally whilst performing a human daily existence. I should be performing from a higher perspective.
This morning I was exploring grad schools and exploring degrees in my old passions, The Arts, and theater. At the same time this video “Dare to Dream“, with Marc Allen, started playing as it lead from another video, as I was reading up on degrees in Children’s Theater, I didn’t even see the title. Marc wrote and discusses his theory The Core Belief Process, from his book “The Greatest Secret of All,” which is as simple as 8 questions (excerpted from his blog):
This activity can help you deal with any difficult situation or problem in your life. All it requires is answering these questions as honestly as you can, either in your head or on paper:
- What is the problem? Just describe the situation, for a minute or two.
- What emotions are you feeling? Just name them, in a word or two. Is there fear, frustration, anger, guilt, sadness? Sometimes just the act of naming the emotions will be enough for you to let at least some of them go. At other times, you have to go through all the steps of the process before your emotions shift.
- What physical sensations are you feeling? Take a minute to tune in to your body. Briefly describe what you feel happening physically.
- What are you thinking about? Take a few minutes and say out loud or write down what has been going through your mind. Is there a repetitive stream of thoughts you’ve been having lately? What are those recurrent thoughts?
- What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation? What is the worst-case scenario that you can imagine? If that happened, what would be the very worst thing that could happen to you? It is good to shed some light on your deepest fears, because you come to realize that the chances of those deep fears actually being realized are very slim indeed.
- What is the best thing that could happen? What would you like to have happen ideally? What is your ideal scene for this area of your life?
- What fear or limiting belief is keeping you from creating what you want? Now we’re getting to the core of the problem: What fear or limiting belief can you identify? State it as simply as you can — the simpler, the better. I’m a fool with money… I don’t have what it takes…. It’s so hard to succeed…. It’s all so stressful and unhealthy….
- What affirmation can you come up with that counteracts that negative or limiting belief? Put it in directly opposite words, if you can. Play with it until you find an affirmation that feels good to you and speaks to you in your own unique way. I am sensible and in control of my finances…. I am creating total financial success…. I am now creating abundance in my life…. I am living the life of my dreams, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way.
- Say or write your affirmation repeatedly over the next days, weeks, and months. Write it down and put it in places where you see it often. Repeat it—or repeat them, if you have several—in the mornings and throughout the day whenever you remember, especially when doubts and fears arise, as they almost surely will. When you repeat it enough, it will become more powerful than your doubts and fears.
When you go through this simple process, startling changes can start to happen almost immediately. You don’t have to believe the process works as long as you see it working in your life, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way.
I am unsure about grad school, or even which degree to pursue if any, but I want to have a limitless scope of dreams.
Addendum: I had actually intentionally went to check out the video “Dare to Dream,” as it had been playing as I slept the night before and I wanted to know what had gone into my subconscious. Therefore the material already had an expansive influence on my morning attitude. I did not tell the story wrong on purpose. lol